In the Spotlight
April 2011—Product Launch: Avaya Aura AS 5300
Mutual Telecom Services Inc. (MTS) and Avaya Government Solutions (Avaya Gov) have strategically aligned to present SPAWAR, AFCENT, CENTCOM, and other DoD Agencies with the unsurpassed end-to-end Unified Communications (UC) platform - the Avaya Aura Application Server 5300 (AS 5300) SIP-based Solution.
The AS 5300 delivers high-quality VoIP and UC services through a highly secure platform that features a reduced overall footprint, time-to-delivery, and implementation in-theater. In addition, this JITC-approved commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) configuration allows for cost savings through fewer support infrastructures, less build-out requirements, and less follow-on maintenance costs.
Bottom-line: the feature-rich AS 5300 improves VoIP call quality at a lower cost of ownership, helping DoD achieve its vital communication objectives.
MTS has lead substantial projects in Southwest Asia (SWA) and around the world in many different capacities. As the sole Avaya-trusted integrator of the AS 5300 in the SWA region, MTS has served globally as the premier turn-key partner for delivering rapid turn-around Avaya solutions. Working with Avaya to meet customer needs, MTS supports customers from identification of requirements through budget allocation, purchase, implementation, and life-cycle sustainment.
Avaya Aura AS 5300 features and benefits:
- Evolution to secure standard SIP moving away from Time Division
- Multiplexing (TDM) and proprietary IP telephony implementations
- Unified SIP multimedia soft client and choice in SIP hard clients
- Compliance with Government IPv6, next generation communications
- and media, and signaling encryption specifications (US DoD UCR Compliant)
- IPV6, AS-SIP, and V.150.1 support
- Integrated secure SIP collaboration, audio/video conferencing and unified
- messaging along with planned XMPP gateway support
- Multi-Level Precedence and Pre-emption (MLPP) or executive barge-in
- Carrier Grade and Geographically survivable
- JITC Certification and currently certified as a Local Session Controller
- (LSC) at release 2.0